PHARA is the adopted common name representing the registered non-profit charitable organizations of the Physically Handicapped Adults’ Rehabilitation Association Nipissing Parry Sound (Charitable Number: 13454 3560 RR0001) and the Physically Handicapped Adults’ Rehabilitation Association Westwinds Heights (Charitable Number: 85126 8144 RR0001).
PHARA provides services in both official languages to people with disabilities as well as housing opportunities for those with low or moderate incomes.
The philosophy of the PHARA evolved from the realization that disabled citizens are entitled to shape their own lives and actualize their potentials and to utilize services made available to them.
PHARA aims to provide services and advocacy to disabled persons, who assume the responsibility of self-direction and integration in society.
Program goals may vary, but include:
- Providing disabled persons with information and skill development opportunities
- Providing opportunities to practice new responsibilities through our:
- Twenty-four hour, non-medical, Attendant Care program
- Scheduled services outreach program
- Provide employment opportunities
- Provide a choice of housing alternatives
- Advocacy for equal treatment under the law
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
PHARA is governed by a Volunteer Board of Directors. 10 Members from the local area, committed to the sustainability of providing services and advocacy to people with physical disabilities.
Board Chair – Jeff Celentano
Vice Chair – Dr. David Haist
Treasurer – Matt Duquette
Director – Brad Stenning
Director – Gordon Prisco
Director – Brent Rankin
Director – John Balfe